[Koha] searching & zebra

Rachel Hollis Rachel.Hollis at stevenshenager.edu
Tue Sep 28 11:56:10 NZDT 2010

Greetings friends, our Koha was recently updated to 3.01.00.145. We have super fast transactions with NoZebra set to Use, but we cannot search the catalog. When searching we get No results found. If I change the NoZebra setting to Don't Use, transactions are much slower but we can search the catalog.

The logs show that rebuild zebra is set on a cron for hourly and daily. The logs read:
#Rebuild Zebra index
#First an incremental rebuild of authorities
perl -I /usr/share/koha/lib /usr/share/koha/bin/migration_tools/rebuild_zebra.pl -a -z
#Then an incremental rebuild of biblios, cuz they don't play nice doin it together
perl -I /usr/share/koha/lib /usr/share/koha/bin/migration_tools/rebuild_zebra.pl -b -z

OpacSuppression is set to Don't Hide and hidelostitems is set to Show. We'd like to use Zebra (NoZebra set to Use) and be able to search the catalog too. I'm pretty sure it's an easy fix, I'm just blind to it.

Rachel Hollis, librarian
Stevens-Henager College, Boise Idaho Campus