[Koha] New to the List

James Beaton jbeaton at thepipingcentre.co.uk
Tue Sep 28 03:56:58 NZDT 2010

Afternoon All

As the joining email suggested, I am sending to the list to introduce
ourselves here in Glasgow, what we do, and where we might hopefully be going
with Koha.

We are a small special library attached to the National Piping Centre, which
teaches people to play the bagpipes, and in conjunction with the Royal
Scottish Academy of Music and Drama awards a BA in Scottish Traditional
Music, a postgraduate diploma in performance on the bagpipes, as well as
various certificated qualifications validated by the Scottish Qualifications
Authority. We also teach people who want to learn out of interest.

The Library has grown like topsy over the past few years, and I have been
appointed to bring some order and develop it, and we plan to use Koha as our
system, because it will suit our size, it is shareware and it also has an
active commercial and non-commercial development community.

I will doubtless appear on the list in the future, and if you want to know
more about us, follow the link below to our website, as well as to our
annual weeklong festival Piping Live!

Best for now

James

James Beaton
The Library
The National Piping Centre
30-34 McPhater Street
Glasgow
G4 0HW

t. +44 (0) 141 353 0220
f. +44 (0) 141 353 1570
www.thepipingcentre.co.uk
www.pipingfestival.co.uk

The National Piping Centre Ltd.  Registered in Scotland no. 139271, Charity
no. 020391
The Piping Centre Trading Ltd. Registered in Scotland no. 162342
Glasgow International Piping Festival.  Registered in Scotland no. 256248,
Charity no. 34875