[Koha] LibLime responses to some of yesterdays postings

ed c terrapin44 at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 17 09:35:11 NZST 2010

Having gone through the process of creating a 501(c)3 in the United States, and one that has recieved IRS-blessing (which as far as I can tell, the Koha Software Foundation in Ohio has not yet received - not surprisingly, it takes a while and what was submitted to the State of Ohio wasn't anywhere near as detailed as the IRS would need to approve it. I have no idea if they submitted the paper work to the IRS not.)*, I can tell you that it is not a simple process and too many cooks will most likely spoil the soup. I doubt it is any different, and in fact may likely be more so in other countries. I think starting the discussions around concrete proposals will be a much better approach. That doesn't mean that pieces of each can't be crossed off, added,  combined, or changed by the community, but a discussion with a large group of people via e-mail or IRC chat starting from scratch is very unlikely to be productive.

Edward

* To search for organizations granted 501(c)3 status by the US federal government, see http://www.irs.gov/app/pub-78/ Whiel there are some thigns that come up with Koha, the oen from Athens does not. The ones that do come up appear to be family foundations.