[Koha] Message from PTFS/LibLime

Jim Minges jminges at nekls.org
Thu Sep 16 11:53:47 NZST 2010

I welcome John Yokley's statement calling for steps to reduce divisiveness
and for creation of a foundation to hold all Koha trademarks and domain
names as a very positive step. However his specific proposal is just a
starting point for discussion and I agree entirely with the suggestions for
an entirely open discussion by all parties of approaches to a foundation or
other umbrella Koha organization that will indeed not be dominated by any
single company or organization. I encourage John or Patrick Jones to attend
KohaCon as an ideal step toward open discussion.

However, I am distressed by a few responses that seem personally hostile. We
like to speak about the Koha "community." A community is better served
through reasonable discussion and exchange of views and I would like to
suggest that it will be more productive and professional to seek the high
road in our postings to the list.

"NEKLS and its member libraries are leaders and innovators in providing
exemplary library services."

Jim Minges, Director
Northeast Kansas Library System
4317 West 6th Street
Lawrence, KS  66049
Phone: 785-838-4090      FAX: 785-838-3989
jminges at nekls.org