[Koha] branchcodes and case sensitivity

Chris Hobbs chobbs at nhusd.k12.ca.us
Sat Sep 4 08:03:14 NZST 2010

  Hi All,

We're running into a problem on 3.00.05 with the case of our
branchcodes. We have configured our branches with codes like 'LO' or
'ES'. We imported all of our items against those codes, and everything
looked good. School just stated, and we just began circulating, and have
discovered that when items are checked in, items.holdingbranch is being
populated with lowercase variants of those branchcodes ('lo' or 'es').
This causes the interface in many places to claim there's no current
branch, even preventing check-out of that item.

The obvious fix would be to simply set branchcode to LOWER(branchcode)
in the back end, but the foreign key constraint prevents me from doing
so through mysql.

I'm fixing this temporarily by running UPDATEs against items setting
holdingbranch=UPPER(holdingbranch), but this is a kludge.

Any suggestions?

--
Chris Hobbs
Director, Technology