[Koha] HOLDPLACED being sent to patrons?

Nicole Engard nengard at gmail.com
Sat Sep 4 02:09:49 NZST 2010

Hello all,

I have a report that the HOLDPLACED email is being sent to patrons -
or at least it looks like it's being sent to patrons.  I looked at
this patch: http://lists.koha-community.org/pipermail/koha-patches/2009-August/010025.html
which seems to say that the email is being sent to the librarian (as
expected) but this screenshot
http://bywatersolutions.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/holdplaced.png
shows that the email is being logged on the patron record as being
sent.  Can someone confirm for me the behavior that is expected?  Is
the message being sent only to the librarian? or is the message going
to the patron as well? If it's going to patron as well we need to
change the preference explanation so that's clear - or we need 2
preferences.  If it's not going to the patron then I don't think it
should show on the patron's message log.

Thanks for any clarification,
Nicole C. Engard