[Koha] Koha - searches in 3.2 require asterisk at end to be successful

Chris Nighswonger cnighswonger at foundations.edu
Sat Oct 30 08:49:28 NZDT 2010

On Fri, Oct 29, 2010 at 3:46 PM, Linda Culberson
<lculber at mdah.state.ms.us>wrote:

>  After several attempts of reindexing our fresh install of Koha 3.2 and
> both the opac and staff clients, I tried adding one in the staff client
> manually.  After viewing that record, I could click on one of the
> subject headings and get results. However, after closing that record and
> doing a new search in both the opac and staff clients,  I still got
> nothing - even for the record I had created (and re-indexed).  In
> desperation I added an asterisk at the end of my search.  Turns out that
> all of the searches in both the opac and the staff clients require the
> asterisk.  Has anyone else noticed this or can tell me why this may be
> happening?

I would suggest going through the issues discussed in the Search FAQ first:

http://koha-community.org/documentation/faq/searching/

If none of that works, come back here and let us know what sort of errors
you are seeing in the logs and during reindexing.

Kind Regards,
Chris