[Koha] barcode scanner

Chris Nighswonger cnighswonger at foundations.edu
Wed Oct 20 12:58:43 NZDT 2010

 Hi Jen,

On Tue, Oct 19, 2010 at 5:38 PM, Jennifer Tobias <jtobias at naropa.edu> wrote:

> Hi all,
> This isn't exactly a Koha question, but I'm hoping someone out there might
> be able to help!
> I'm trying to configure a Metrologic Voyager barcode scanner so that it
> applies a prefix before the barcode that specifies how many digits are in
> the barcode. So, for example, barcode 123456789 would scan as 09123456789
> (since it has nine digits), and barcode 123456 would scan as 06123456 (since
> it has six digits). I just can't seem to find a setting that does that, and
> tech support for Metrologic seems to be AWOL. Does anyone have any ideas?
> It's driving me nuts- any help much appreciated!

I'm not sure of the exact solution, but you probably need to consult your
Single Line Configuration guide which came with the scanner. The link to a
downloadable version along with other information and links to Honeywell's
page for the Voyager can be found on the Koha wiki here:

http://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/Barcode_Scanners/MS9590_VoyagerGS

Kind Regards,
Chris