[Koha] StopWords List

Chris Cormack chris at bigballofwax.co.nz
Tue Oct 5 10:13:13 NZDT 2010

Hi Kurt

2010/10/5 Kurt Bodling <kbodling at mountvernon.org>:
> Under “System Preferences > Searching Preferences” we can turn
> “QueryRemoveStopwords” on or off.
>

> The explanation for that option reads “If ON, stopwords listed in the
> Administration area will be removed from queries” .
>

> But I can’t for the life of me FIND the “stopwords listed in the
> Administration area”!

Are you using zebra or nozebra .. the stopwords syspref has no effect
if zebra is on, and in fact is due to be deprecated
The text in 3.01.00.145 says "Ignore/Don't Ignore stopwords specified
in Koha when searching. (Only applies when Zebra is off)."

> I am ultimately hoping that editing that list will help us past some goofy
> search results (if not, I’m back with another question).  But I can’t edit
> the list if I can’t even find it.
>

> What am I missing?  Someone please put me on the right path to find the list
> of stopwords.
>

> (I’m using Koha version 3.01.00.061, if that makes a difference.)

Why such an old version of 3.1.x .. its at 3.01.00.145 now I'd
seriously recommend upgrading, there has been a ton of bug fixes since
then (3.1.x is a development branch)

Chris