[Koha] Request for confirmation of zebra-daemon memory leak

Jeremy McGinniss jmcginniss at davisny.edu
Tue Nov 23 04:48:26 NZDT 2010

Good morning. I was wondering if the community would be willing to confirm something for me; specifically, whether or not the zebra-daemon continues to have a memory leak issue and should not be run alongside of Zebra.
 I have successfully installed Koha 3.00.06 on Ubunutu Hardy Heron (8.04) (the web interface is up, creating patrons, import records, etc. ).  Using Zebra, idzebra is installed but I have not yet tried running it.
I‘ve gotten to this point on several previous install attempts only to have Zebra fail spectacularly. In researching to figure out why I  came across some emails from the list as well as web posts suggesting that the daemon should not be run due to a memory leak issue and Zebra should be run as a cron job.

If the zebra-daemon does indeed have memory leaks it would be helpful to update the documentation process of the Koha wiki as the user is told, as part of the install process, to install the daemon.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Thanks for taking the time to respond.

Sincerely,

Jeremy