[Koha] RFCs - could we make better use of MediaWiki?

Magnus Enger magnus at enger.priv.no
Mon Nov 22 03:55:02 NZDT 2010

On 19 November 2010 00:05, Thomas Dukleth <kohalist at agogme.com> wrote:
[snip]
> 4.  IMPLEMENTATION OBSTACLE FOR SEMANTIC MEDIAWIKI.
>
> The basic Semantic MediaWiki extension had been installed just after
> MediaWiki was set up for Koha, however, there is a problem.  To my
> knowledge Semantic MediaWiki is partly dependent upon some command line
> scripts.

Hm, I have been running a Semantic MediaWiki site for some time now,
and I can't remember any command line scripts. Nor have I seen
anything that does not work without them... Here is the list of
plugins for that site:
http://nbfwiki.libriotech.no/index.php?title=Spesial:Versjon
These were mostly installed through the Semantic Bundle:
http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Semantic_Bundle

> Before we actually make use of Semantic MediaWiki, we should be
> certain that MediaWiki is functioning properly beyond the mere evidence
> that it is running and we are using it.
[snip]

Sounds like a good idea! ;-)

Regards,