[Koha] Koha Conference timing

Chris Cormack chrisc at catalyst.net.nz
Fri Nov 19 12:15:12 NZDT 2010

* Joann Ransom (jransom at library.org.nz) wrote:
>    Hi everyone,
>
>    I would like to put a plea out there that we do not hold Koha conferences
>    every year. I would much prefer every 2nd or even 3rd year. This is
>    because the KohaCon will always be held around the globe, which is what
>    makes it so fantastic, but that also makes it quite expensive. Many of us
>    are running on tight budgets and every 2nd or 3rd year is going to be much
>    more sustainable in terms of particpation than annually.

I disagree quite strongly.

Some people couldnt make this year, maybe they can make next year. Some
of the people who made this year, cant make next year.
The project is so vibrant and changes so much, 2 years is too long in my
opinion. If we keep with the 6 month schedule that will be 4 major
releases between conferences.

People don't have to attend them all, if you can only attend ever 2nd or
3rd year, then so be it. But I think that that isnt a reason to only
hold them ever 2 years. It will actually make it less likely people can
attend one imho, and they will rotate around the world faster.

Chris

--
Chris Cormack
Catalyst IT Ltd.