[Koha] Non-public notes

Tomas Cohen Arazi tomascohen at gmail.com
Wed Nov 17 02:42:37 NZDT 2010

2010/11/15 Robin Sheat <robin at catalyst.net.nz>:
> I have a situation where we want to have non-public notes attached to
> biblio records. There doesn't appear to be any way of doing this, so I
> was thinking of doing something along the lines of having (MARC21)
> 595-599 as private biblio notes, and 590-594 as public ones.
>
> I'm wondering if a) there's a better approach, and b) if this is
> something that would be generally useful and worth upstreaming. I think
> it'll take little more than a change to the XSLT/templates for the OPAC.

I think there are two different issues here:
1) Display of the fields
2) Indexing them

1) My experience is that 590 fields info is shown in "Descriptions"
tab in the OPAC. Other fields$subfields can be added through XSLT to
the view too.
2) If you want to be able to search those fields, yo have to add
indexes to zebra. For example add:
to zebradb/biblios/etc/bib1.att
att 8032    LocalNote
and to zebradb/marc_defs/marc21/biblios/record.abs
melm 590$a      LocalNote

to add an index for 590$a

To+