[Koha] Koha Installation Docs

Galen Charlton gmcharlt at gmail.com
Tue Nov 16 03:57:14 NZDT 2010

Hi,

On Mon, Nov 15, 2010 at 8:04 AM, Nicole Engard <nengard at gmail.com> wrote:
> bigbrovar Bobby: @nengard another missing gap from this doc
> http://is.gd/h7vh6 is the lack of info on the koha commands
> koha-create etc no man pages nothing

It appears that the user is trying to install via the Debian package,
not from source, so the INSTALL.debian in the tarball wouldn't apply.
This is the first time I've heard of somebody having quite this much
trouble installing the package, but for what it's worth, documentation
for it can be found at:

http://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/Debian

I gather from the tweets that the user has already seen that page, but
I'm with Chris N. in not understanding why the user feels it is
necessary to completely reinstall his Debian server.  Ultimately, the
best thing might be for somebody to shoulder surf and see what's
happening, but as that may or may not happen, I hope somebody else
trying the Debian package will be able to provide more specific
feedback that can be usefully acted on.

Regards,

Galen
--