[Koha] Official Koha Newsletter: Volume 1, Issue 11: November 2010

Nicole Engard nengard at gmail.com
Tue Nov 16 02:40:48 NZDT 2010

This issue has a lot of links and should be read online to see all of
the external content:
http://koha-community.org/koha-newsletter-volume-1issue-11-november-2010

Official Koha Newsletter (ISSN 2153-8328)
Volume 1, Issue 11: November 2010

Table of Contents

    * KohaCon10 Summary
          o Summary of KohaCon10 in Blog Posts
          o KohaCon10 Presentations
          o KohaCon10 Videos
          o KohaCon10 Pictures

KohaCon10
Summary of KohaCon10 in Blog Posts

KohaCon10 took place in Wellington, New Zealand last month to honor 10
years of Koha development, use and community! It seems that your
trusty documentation manager was unofficially names the official
blogger of the conference, so excuse a newsletter full of links to
posts written by me (and Ian Walls, my colleague who had cover the
sessions I couldn’t).

    * Conference Proper
          o Keynote
          o Why a Librarian Loves Koha
          o Koha and Kete
          o Koha Adoption in Nigeria
          o Koha Governance
          o What’s Coming in Koha 3.4
          o Fun with Library Data
          o Identifying eBooks
          o A cooperative view
          o Koha in Schools
          o Sharing is Good
          o History of Koha
          o Koha in Prison
          o Participation is Key
          o Koha in Malaysia
          o LAMP to Koha
          o Promoting Free Software in Libraries
          o Open Library and Koha
          o Koha: 10 years in 10 minutes
    * Hackfest
          o Intro to Git
          o Git and Koha
          o Template Toolkit
          o MySQL and Postgres Differences
          o Debian Packaging for Koha
          o Koha in the Cloud
          o An Argument for a project Coding Style
          o Ideas for Koha 4.0
          o Koha Performance
    * Summaries
          o KohaCon10 is Finished
          o KohaCon10 Additional Posts

KohaCon10 Presentations

Some KohaCon10 presentations were posted on SlideShare, others posted
on personal websites and others plotted on a map. If I’ve missed any
please feel free to add them in the comments below.

    * KohaCon10 on SlideShare
    * KohaCon10 Presentation Map
    * Specific Presentations
          o Koha at ASHS by Mark Osborne
          o Fun with Library Data by David Friggens

KohaCon10 Videos

KohaCon10 videos are still making their way online, here are a few
that are up so far. You can search for the rest as they’re added on
blip.tv by using the keyword “kohacon10”

    * Keynote by Rosalie Blake
    * Why Librarians Love Koha by Lee Phillips
          o Video of Lee’s librarians
    * Kete and Koha by Walter McGinnis
    * Koha uptake in Nigeria by Olugbenga Adara
    * Library Data for Fun & Profit by David Friggens
    * Koha: 10 years in 10 minutes

KohaCon10 Pictures

Mostly KohaCon10 pictures were posted on Flickr and tagged
“kohacon10“. My favorites were taken by Kristina, she knows how to
take pictures!! Thank you to all who took pictures and shared them so
that those back home could share in the festivities with us and so
that we can all look back and remember our time together fondly.

What we didn’t get was a group picture that I could post here, so
you’ll have to go browse through the Flickr pictures and spot your
friends and community members that way.

Newsletter edited by Nicole C. Engard, Koha Documentation Manager.
Please send future story ideas to me.