[Koha] Koha Installation Docs

Nicole Engard nengard at gmail.com
Tue Nov 16 02:04:16 NZDT 2010

I have been getting a series of Tweets regarding Installation
Documentation and while I am Doc Manager, this is not an area I have
ever really focused on (nor do I have much experience with it).  I
wanted to share these with you all in case you know how to resolve
some of the issues in question.

--------

bigbrovar Bobby: if there is one thing #koha needs desperately its
documentation. just watched 3 weeks of work go down the drain due to
bad docs :(

nengard Nicole Engard @bigbrovar I'd be interested in what
documentation you were using and what you found bad about it ... #koha

bigbrovar Bobby: @nengard http://is.gd/h1Bhg I think it could be more
detailed. lots of assumptions that the users is skilled in koha

bigbrovar Bobby: @nengard we have a solidly working koha 3.0.6 on
ubuntu 8.04 which I installed from source because the docs was top
notch.

bigbrovar Bobby: @nengard another missing gap from this doc
http://is.gd/h7vh6 is the lack of info on the koha commands
koha-create etc no man pages nothing

bigbrovar Bobby: @nengard also after I create a koha instances with
koha-create who do I log and setup the instance? nothing is said about
that. its really

bigbrovar Bobby: @nengard documentation and frankly a waste of time.
Koha could really do with a better documentation. which I could help
but knowledge is

bigbrovar Bobby: @nengard very limited. another day another debian
server install due to incomplete docs. is there a good docs on how to
install from src?

bigbrovar Bobby: anyone knows a good docs on how to setup #koha 3.2 on
linux (ubuntu/debian) the current doc http://is.gd/h7vh6 is so
incomplete

Thanks
Nicole