[Koha] how to do administrative tasks on ubuntu

david at lang.hm david at lang.hm
Sat Nov 13 18:59:40 NZDT 2010

On Fri, 12 Nov 2010, Reed Wade wrote:

>> Subject: [Koha] how to do administrative tasks on ubuntu
>>
>> can any one help me how to do administrative task on ubuntu
>>
>> how to login as root ?

normally in ubuntu you don't login as root, you login as a normal user and
use sudo to do root tasks.

Ubuntu doesn't allow root to login directly by default. you can do sodo
passwd and then set the password for root.

>> how to run LAN  sharing

do you mean that you want to make things on the ubuntu machine able to be
accessed by other systems (and if so, are they other linux systems,
windows systems, or ??), or are you wanting to access a fileshare that
already exists on the network?

>> How to give printer connections

these can be done by users that are allowed to do sudo (the first user
created has this ability), or by root.

when you configure the printer, one option is to share the printer over
the network.

David Lang