[Koha] RFC Discussion

david at lang.hm david at lang.hm
Thu Nov 11 14:29:26 NZDT 2010

On Wed, 10 Nov 2010, Nicole Engard wrote:

> I have started discussing RFCs - every page on the wiki has a
> discussion tab to the right of the 'page' tab at the top.
>
> I have finished the 'A's in 3.4 RFCs and will do them all eventually.
>
> http://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/Talk:Add_support_for_NORMARC
> http://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/Talk:Advanced_cataloging_search_RFC
> http://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/Talk:AllowOnShelfHolds
> http://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/Talk:Analytic_Record_support

how is someone supposed to find these from the wiki main page?

> I'm off to edit some more now.
>
> I'm formatting pages as follows:
>

> ==Votes==
>
> Under votes you add your +1 or -1 and your signature (there is a
> signature button on the top of each editing area)

what is the purpose of voting?

if someone feels like implementing something, unless there is a specific
objection to the concept (which should be _very_ rare and requires
much more explination than just a '-1 signature' vote) these ideas can be
worked on by anyone who feels like doing so, having lots of + votes won't
necessarily mean that it gets done any sooner than something with no
votes.

this isn't one companies limited development resources that we are talking
about having to allocate to the highest priority project here, these
proposals are all from people who are interested in doing the work, and as
such there is no need to prioritize them. the more proposals you have from
different sources, the more development resources you have to implement
the proposals.

David Lang