[Koha] is there a LAMP bundle with Perl?

Jared Camins-Esakov jcamins at cpbibliography.com
Thu Nov 11 09:19:22 NZDT 2010

Caitlin,

Welcome to the Koha community.

The best route for installing Koha is to follow the instructions
assiduously:
http://git.koha-community.org/gitweb/?p=koha.git;a=blob;f=INSTALL.debian

<http://git.koha-community.org/gitweb/?p=koha.git;a=blob;f=INSTALL.debian>Those
instructions will actually take you from a computer with no operating system
at all to an installation of Koha. One of the great features of modern Linux
distributions is that it's really easy to install software. As an example
(if you follow the instructions, you won't need to do this separately, I'm
just trying to illustrate what I consider the best part of using Linux),
running the command `apt-get install perl` will install Perl.

Regards,
Jared

2010/11/10 Caitlin McGurk <mcgurk at cartoonstudies.org>

> Hi all,
>
> I'm brand new to Koha (actually, it isn't even installed yet!) and
> wondering whether or not somewhere hidden on the internet there lies a
> bundle to download Linux, Apache, MySQL and Perl. With so many programmers
> involved in Koha, there's just gotta be by now, right?
>
> I suppose the only other good route is downloading LAMP with PHP, then
> installing and configuring Perl separately?
>
> Any advice or tips would be greatly appreciated!
>
> Caitlin McGurk
> Head Librarian
> The Center for Cartoon Studies <http://www.cartoonstudies.org>
> mcgurk at cartoonstudies.org

Jared Camins-Esakov
Freelance bibliographer, C & P Bibliography Services, LLC
(phone) +1 (917) 727-3445
(e-mail) jcamins at cpbibliography.com
(web) http://www.cpbibliography.com/