[Koha] Proposal to form Koha Technical Committee

Lenora Oftedahl OFTL at critfc.org
Wed Nov 10 08:15:55 NZDT 2010

I've been watching the discussion about a technical committee with some interest.  But I am lost as to the need.  One side says that we need a technical committee to wrangle the releases and RFC's for the various enhancements and fixes, but the other side says that's the Release Manager's job?  When the Release Manager is chosen and accepts the position, they understand what they are taking on, don't they?

And if dates slip, well, gee, won't we be getting a better release due to the extra work?

Again, I think we are slipping into the commercial vendor mode where more voices are being added for no purpose other than to make noise.

I think adding a SINGLE person to the release team of RFC manager to make comments and organize RFC's might help the RM, but that's up to the Release Manager to choose someone they can work with.

Just my thoughts.

Lenora
StreamNet Regional Librarian
Columbia River Inter-Tribal Fish Commission
http://www.fishlib.org