[Koha] Koha: searching for access points in cataloging

Linda Culberson lculber at mdah.state.ms.us
Wed Nov 10 04:26:57 NZDT 2010

  I apologize if I'm not stating my problem clearly, but I'd like to
hear from some other users on how they handle searching access points in
koha while cataloging. In our current system, we can search both the
authority file and a  list of headings currently in the catalog (but not
in the authorities) while cataloging a record.  We have many of our
author headings in authorities but our subject headings (many of which
are "local") are not.  The subject headings were manually removed from
the authorities for reasons that I can't discuss. Can someone describe
to me (off list, perhaps?) what their work flow is?

Thanks in advance.

Linda Culberson			lculber at mdah.state.ms.us
Archives and Records Services Division
Ms. Dept. of Archives&  History