[Koha] Authority records searching and deleting

Jared Camins-Esakov jcamins at cpbibliography.com
Wed Nov 10 04:14:35 NZDT 2010

Elaine,

I don't have an answer to your first question, but in answer to your second
question, authorities don't disappear from the list until after
rebuild_zebra has run. Usually that's every fifteen minutes or so (or
whatever period you set up in cron).

Regards,
Jared

On Tue, Nov 9, 2010 at 10:04 AM, Elaine Bradtke <eb at efdss.org> wrote:

> Two questions.  In 3.2
> 1) Is there any way for an authority search to include the used for
> /see from fields in authority records for topical terms.  In other
> words if someone searches on the incorrect form, it will bring up the
> record for the correct form (if I've included it)?
>
> 2) I have a couple terms that need to be deleted from the authority
> file.  I deleted one, but I can't seem to delete any more.  A little
> pop up comes up asking if I'm sure I want to delete this authority.  I
> click OK, and then if I look again, it's still there (I reloaded the
> page first).
>
> --
> Elaine Bradtke
> Data Wrangler
> VWML
> English Folk Dance and Song Society | http://www.efdss.org
> Cecil Sharp House, 2 Regent's Park Road, London NW1 7AY
> Tel    +44 (0) 20 7485 2206 ext 36

Jared Camins-Esakov
Freelance bibliographer, C & P Bibliography Services, LLC
(phone) +1 (917) 727-3445
(e-mail) jcamins at cpbibliography.com
(web) http://www.cpbibliography.com/