[Koha] Deleting the installation sample library file

Paul A paul.a at aandc.org
Wed Nov 3 08:59:30 NZDT 2010

* Paul A (paul.a at aandc.org) wrote:

> "Easiest way to do it, is to drop and recreate the database"...
[snip]
> I realize that a "delete my whole structure" might be a dangerous "in
> production" command for Koha - but that is what I need now - to start with
> clean slate. Do I have to do a complete re-install without the test/sample
> file?

What I would do is

mysqldump -ukoha -p koha > koha_backup.sql

mysqladmin -uroot -p drop koha
mysqladmin -uroot -p create koha

You won't need to recreate the user etc. But when you try to start Koha
it will run the webinstaller again.

Chris - many thanks. As we were not yet in a production environment, we
added the -d to the mysqldump command, and it worked like a treat.

Now on to MarcEdit to start importing production data...

Best - Paul
---
Archives and Collections (ACS) Society
205, Main Street, Picton, Ontario, K0K 2T0, Canada
Canadian Charitable Organization 88721 9921 RR0001