[Koha] Upgrading from Win. ver 2.2.9 to Linux ver 3.00.06

SCOTT OWEN SOWEN at almaschools.net
Fri May 28 01:16:43 NZST 2010

HI all,

I'm looking for the easiest way to go from Koha ver 2.2.9 (on windows) to version 3.00.06 (on Debian).

Is it possible to just do a SQL dump/recover or are there significant changes to the SQL database that would prevent this or make it more work than it's worth?
As a test, I was able to export/import the patrons fairly easily (required a little data massaging, but not much).

I'm not terribly concerned about holding info (we are a Public School, so all of our books will be returned next week for summer break), but we have entered Accelerated Reader information into the MARC's of many of the books in our collection. I would like to keep that information.

Thanks for any advice.

-Scott Owen
Alma Public Schools
Alma MI, 48801