[Koha] Solved: Re: Koha virtualhost on apache2 (openSUSE 11.2) Issue

Andi Sugandi andisugandi at gmail.com
Fri May 21 01:06:55 NZST 2010

On 5/19/10, Suyadi <abufarros at gmail.com> wrote:

> I was glad to have friends from Indonesia who use koha.
> We also have using koha since 2008.
> This is our OPAC : http://search.lib.ums.ac.id

Yes, I knew about it, you have implemented Koha deeper and longer than
ours as there were no technical person who in charge about our Koha
here, even though it's been running from December 2008 (installed by
internal staff of this museum with does not have enough technical
background).

I'm helping this museum voluntarily starting this month.

I'm glad too to have a friend that come form same country using Koha.. =)

> Does the configuration files for phpmyadmin still exists in the directory
> /etc/apache2/vhost.d/ ?
> If there is any possible conflict with the other configuration (usually if
> there are two or more virtualhost that uses the same port then reads the
> earliest used).

It definately yes.

I unfortunately  did not recognize that Koha took over "ipaddress:80"
to /usr/share/koha/opac/htdocs (rewrite module, in
/etc/apache2/vhosts.d/ip-based_vhosts.conf
/etc/apache2/vhosts.d/koha-httpd.conf configuration file ) so every
url (ipaddress:80) would be based on that path.

I also remembered that I installed Koha in /usr/share directory, (not
other directory) because I have other web-based applications in the
server.

And then I could not access my ipaddress:80/phpMyAdmin (because
phpMyAdmin is not in /usr/share/koha/opac/htdocs directory) .

The (temporary) work-arround is to change the default port (80) of the
OPAC-Koha Sever to another port-number, so I can access other
web-based application in the server through default apache-port
number.

Is it known issue?

Apology, Is it bug or not?

Thanks in advance.

Best regards,
--
Andi Sugandi, openSUSE-Id Team, openSUSE Ambassador
Bandung, Indonesia