[Koha] Introduction - Sean McIntyre

Chris Cormack chris at bigballofwax.co.nz
Sat May 15 19:22:16 NZST 2010

On 15 May 2010 15:37, Reed Wade <reed at catalyst.net.nz> wrote:
> On Sat, May 15, 2010 at 1:30 PM, Sean McIntyre <smcintyre at ptfs.com> wrote:
>> Reed,
>>

> [ lots of good stuff deleted ]
>
> Sean that all sounds great. I don't have anything specific to add but
> I'm sure others will.
>
> Enjoy your weekend and I hope to catch you on IRC soon.

Hi Sean

I want to extend my welcome as well, I'm sure that Colin and I (in our
roles as QA and RM) will be talking with you a lot.
The secret (well it's not really a secret we tend to tell it to
everyone) to the success of Koha has always been open and honest
communication, and I'm heartened that this gels with your world view.

I'm not going to spend much time talking about Harley, I think both
Reed and Chris N have said what I would have said .. .and more
eloquently as well.

I too think that with some work, and a few key decisions made we can
repair the rift and build a good working relationship. What is
heartening to me, that through all of the turbulent times, first with
Liblime in 2009 and the rocky start to 2010 with PTFS, development has
continued at the same rapid pace. Halfway through May and we are
already at 87 commits from 15 different people (117 from 22 people in
April). So whatever else is happening, it is not stopping work
continuing on trying to create the best software we can.

Chris