[Koha] How to extract data from marcxml.biblioitmes ?

Colin Campbell colin.campbell at ptfs-europe.com
Wed May 12 04:27:24 NZST 2010

On 10/05/10 22:52, Daniel Grobani wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I did some work recently extracting data from the marcxml field.
>
> These resources gave me a general idea about the relevant MySQL functions
> and about XPath, the notation used to extract data from the marcxml field:
>
> http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.1/en/xml-functions.html
> http://dev.mysql.com/tech-resources/articles/mysql-5.1-xml.html
> http://www.w3schools.com/xpath/xpath_syntax.asp
>
> If you specify exactly which MARC tags&  subfields you want, I'll see if I
> can help with a query.

My XPATH (such as it ever was) is rather rusty but playing with the
ExtractValue function it seems happy if I select on datafield's
attributes or subfield's attributes but not both. So I can extract tag x
or subfield y but not subfield y of tag x. Anyone have a better xpath
expression.
Colin

--
Colin Campbell