[Koha] Proposal To Switch Koha's License to GPLv3 and AGPLv3 or AGPLv3

Galen Charlton gmcharlt at gmail.com
Mon May 10 23:55:43 NZST 2010

Hi,

2010/5/10 Chris Nighswonger <cnighswonger at foundations.edu>:
> Or
> (better yet) simply ensuring that all such modified code is immediately
> contributed to the main code base would also seem to satisfy this
> requirement.

No, it wouldn't - not all contributions would (or should) get accepted
into Koha's main line, and a series of patch messages in the
koha-patches archives does not constitute a "standard" means of
sharing software IMO.  If Koha becomes licensed under the APGL3, a
hosting firm would be entirely entitled to simply set up an FTP server
that supplies tarballs of their customized versions of Koha.  While
publishing a public Git repository would be a better way of sharing
such code, we can't mandate it or require that contributions be sent
back to the project.

Regards,

Galen
--