[Koha] Sporadic warning about 245 field not being filled in

Kurt Bodling kbodling at mountvernon.org
Fri May 7 05:16:18 NZST 2010

Is this a known bug (or are we just a little buggy ourselves)?  Every so
often - and I haven't yet discerned a pattern - I import a record from
OCLC, do a little local editing, and click my save record button only to
see a warning message that reads:

Can't save this record because the following field aren't filled :

                * Field 245 is mandatory, at least one of its subfields
must be filled.

All these imported records already have valid titles in the 245,
naturally; and the only way around this seems to be to enter a blank
space in one of the yet unused subfields in the 245.  Doing that will
allow me to save the record.

If the imported record also already has something in the 245 $b, then I
have to enter a blank space in the $c or $h ... whatever subfield hasn't
already been used. Entering and deleting a blank space doesn't work.
Deleting the record and re-importing it doesn't make a difference.

We're on Koha 3.01.00.061 on a Linux server hosted by PTFS, with Zebra
2.0.34

Just wondering,

Kurt

Kurt A. Bodling

Technical Services Librarian

George Washington's Mount Vernon Estate & Gardens

Mount Vernon, VA 22121