[Koha] Serials subscriptions

Emrys Minnig emrysminnig at varndean.co.uk
Fri May 7 01:35:07 NZST 2010

Aaah-ha!  It seems that in 3.00.04_fixed, you have to create a bibliographic record before you can turn it into a subscription.  (I assume it might be useful, therefore, to create a custom MARC framework for periodicals, journals or magazines.)

First, create a bibliographic record.  Then, from that record, you can use the 'New' dropdown menu to create a subscription based on that record.

It does seem to be a roundabout way of going about things, and some of the documentation indicates that new subscriptions can be created directly from the Serials page.  Perhaps this is just a problem in 3.00.04?

Emrys