[Koha] MARC records]

Ken Lomax ken at lomax.gen.nz
Wed May 5 10:10:31 NZST 2010

Thanks to you and Nicole for your responses.

I am doing copy-cataloging from z3950 servers wherever possible. I am
finding that not all titles are available on the servers (particularly
older holdings) or that some of the details are not the same as the copy I
have. This mainly applies to some of the older books. The ISBN does not
match, probably because they are reprints (This seems to mainly apply to
titles published by the Reprint Society of Britain) or to some of the
texts that I have.

I am using the record from the z3950 server when possible and modifying
them where they are slightly different.

I also have some works that do not appear to be available on the servers,
so I will need to catalog them by hand.

Once again, many thanks for the link.

Regards
Ken