[Koha] Unable to search

Catherine Chambers chambers.catherine at gmail.com
Wed May 5 02:48:56 NZST 2010

Hi there

I have recently joined a library that is attempting to get Koha operational.

Due to a number of factors, we decided to do a fresh installation of
Debian and Koha to try a fix a few problems and gain some
understanding of how the system works.

We installed Debian Lenny and Koha 3.00.05, the installtion seemed to go fine.

Before running ./rebuild_zebra -b -a -z we did a dump of the data from
the previous installation (koha-3.00.04) and loaded it into the
freshly created koha-3.00.05 database. I then ran rebuild_zebra and
tried searching the opac only to be faced with "No Result found!" I
get the same message when I try a catalogue search through the staff
interface.

Can anyone tell me something I may have missed? Or where I should be
looking to find out what has gone wrong?

Many thanks,
Catherine Chambers
Systems Librarian : Mzuzu University : Malawi