[Koha] z395_search.pl takes 20 seconds to retrieve data based on an ISBN

Susan Mustafa susan.mustafa at gmail.com
Wed May 5 00:59:19 NZST 2010

Hi Ted,

I don't have Yaz, or at least I don't think so.  Kindly note that once I do
yaz-client I get
============

mistuser at MIST-KOHA-01_prod:~$ yaz-client
The program 'yaz-client' is currently not installed.  You can install it by
typing:
sudo apt-get install yaz
bash: yaz-client: command not found
==============
Then I do sudo apt-get install yaz

which in turns causes trouble.  IT wants to remove VERY important
packages...that KOHA will fail without.

Kindly note the below:

======================

Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
required:
  gcj-4.3-base lp-solve libneon26 libnfsidmap2 libgcj9-0 libgcj-bc
  openoffice.org-java-common libgfortran3 liblog4j1.2-java-gcj bsh-gcj
  libregexp-java libjaxp1.3-java-gcj java-common liblog4j1.2-java libevent1
  libsuitesparse-3.1.0 python2.4 libxerces2-java-gcj gij-4.3 libbcel-java
blt
  libtime-modules-perl librpcsecgss3 bsh libgcj-common libjaxp1.3-java
  libssl-dev java-gcj-compat-headless libjline-java libgcj9-jar
  libxerces2-java java-gcj-compat libwrap0-dev libxalan2-java libblas3gf
  tcl8.5 liblapack3gf libgcj9-0-awt fastjar tk8.4 tk8.5 libdb4.4 libgssglue1
  portmap nfs-common libnss3-0d libmx4j-java libxalan2-java-gcj
  libyaz3
The following packages will be REMOVED:
  idzebra libyaz libyaz-dev
  libyaz3 yaz
0 upgraded, 2 newly installed, 3 to remove and 114 not upgraded.
Need to get 1041kB of archives.
After this operation, 3052kB disk space will be freed.
Do you want to continue [Y/n]?

So I press [NO] because I don't want it to remove idzebra libyaz libyaz-dev

Kindly help :)

Thank you all,