[Koha] Journal articles and analytical records

Linda Culberson lculber at mdah.state.ms.us
Sat Mar 27 02:15:06 NZDT 2010

All,
We are just now loading our records, but have thousands of analytic
records that we will be experimenting with. Like Elaine and Beda, we are
looking at using the 773.  I was thinking about putting the host item
system number in the subfield $w and maybe using the subfield $o for
something to tie directly to the individual item. In our current system
we are using the item part, and I was thinking of either trying that or
using the barcode or itemnumber in the $o. What subfields have been used
in your testing, Elaine?

I am relieved to know we are not alone in looking at this and look
forward to working with everyone.  We have absolutely no funds to
contribute but sweat equity works, I hope.

Thanks!

Linda