[Koha] Help needed in KOHA 3.0.3

nitesh rijal rijal.it at gmail.com
Wed Mar 24 17:27:36 NZDT 2010

Hello all.

I am using KOHA 3.0.3 in Debian Lenny Stable. There are few things that are
troubling me. Following are some of the issues:

1. We are converting WIN-ISIS data to KOHA, which results in creation of
records in KOHA but not Items. We have to manually add items for each
records. Is it possible to create at least one item with auto barcode or
barcode as acquisition number in KOHA.

2. If 1 is not possible then is there any way to copy the "Acquisition
number" field of a record to the "Barcode" field of item of the record after
importing is done or while importing data.

3. While printing labels for books and patron cards, it makes a PDF of the
label. We have label printing machine, how are we supposed to print the
label through the machine instead of PDF. This machine doesnot use A4 size
paper, rather it uses roll paper as telephone billing machines do. I'm
confused as how to make this machine print the labels.

Please Help.

Regards.

--
Nitesh Rijal