[Koha] problem searching in opac

Chris Nighswonger cnighswonger at foundations.edu
Wed Mar 24 02:34:02 NZDT 2010

On Tue, Mar 23, 2010 at 8:51 AM, Erik Lewis <elewis at ngrl.org> wrote:
> Chris,
> Ideas on a next step?  Are OPAC sysprefs the probable culprit?  Just want to be efficient as I roll up my sleeves.

You could:

1. Truncate your systempreferences table and then reload it with the
default syspref.sql file. (WARNING: This will remove ALL of your
custom system preference settings... you've been warned. You could do
mysqldump -t -ukohaadmin -p koha systempreferences > my_sysprefs.sql
(I believe that is correct) and save your old settings.
2. Re test the opac search and see if that fixed it.

If it does not, if you are running over git, you could:

1. create a separate test database.
2. modify koha-conf.xml to look at the new db.
3. checkout a test branch based on master (ie. git checkout master &&
git checkout -b testbranch)
4. run through the web installer and install the sample data.
5. re-index zebra (./rebuild_zebra.pl -r -a -b -v)
6. check out the opac search and see if it works.

If this second solution works, I'd suggest you have imported some
corrupt bibs and/or items.

Kind Regards,
Chris