[Koha] PTFS Acquisition of LibLime Reactivated and Completed (Wagner, Jane)

Chris Cormack chris at bigballofwax.co.nz
Wed Mar 17 09:09:04 NZDT 2010

2010/3/17 Jim Minges <jminges at nekls.org>:
> Without commenting on any other effect of the announcement regarding the
> PTFS acquisition of LibLime, I am curious about views of the Koha community
> regarding the statement: "PTFS pledges to enhance and maintain the
> www.koha.org site as the focal point for the world’ s Koha activities– the
> place to find the latest information on Koha support, documentation, news,
> and downloads." Will a PTFS hosted koha.org be regarded as the web presence
> for the global Koha community? Will koha-community.org/ continue, and which
> site will in fact be regarded as the global community site?

As far as I'm concerned, it's business as usual, the community voted
to set up koha-community.org and maintain it, and it will continue to
do so. I don't think we need to replay decisions, nothing has changed.
When PTFS decide how they plan to interact with the community, we will
all be right there waiting for them. Until then, in my opinion, it's a
non issue, the new site is working really well.

Chris