[Koha] Variety of questions about Koha installation

Amy Schuler schulera at caryinstitute.org
Tue Mar 9 09:19:59 NZDT 2010

There are a few things about my Koha installation that I could use some help with.  I welcome you to take a crack at any or all of these questions.  I am running Koha 3.0001005 on Debian.

1.       When I log in to Koha (from the staff interface), why are other libraries listed in the drop down box?  Is it possible to get rid of them?  I tried deleting them in Admin/basic parameters/libraries and groups, but they won't go away. This may relate to my next question... 2.  In the circulation module, I see that for my library patron Betty Smith, there is another person listed as Betty's guarantee.  The guarantor, John Jones, is a patron of another unaffiliated library (in fact, a patron of one of those libraries I am trying to delete!)  This affiliation has no basis in reality.  How can I sever this relationship?  3.  Is there a way to limit the number of holdings (issues of a serial) that appear for a journal record?  An automatic way to tell Koha that only the last 6 entries should be listed?  4.  My database support/IT staff member says that he thinks it easier to back up Koha by backing up the entire virtual machine, rather than running mysqldump.  What do you think of this?  5.  Last but not least - can anyone tell me if it is possible to clear the import reservoir?

Thanks!

Amy C. Schuler
Manager of Information Services
Cary Institute of Ecosystem Studies