[Koha] autobarcode MAX value problem

Chris Morrison cmm1005 at gmail.com
Sat Mar 6 06:02:11 NZDT 2010

So there was a discussion going on that relates to my problem in May of '09,
in which Joe Atzberger of LibLime said that Koha increments barcodes by
checking the current MAX and adding one.

Short question: how do I manually change the MAX value? We have around 100K
records, and for some reason, Koha is auto-incrementing in the 800Ks. Oddly
enough, I can't find any items in our catalog in the 800K's, either. Anyway,
it's rather annoying to manually change every number, especially when you
have multiple catalogers . . .

On a development note, why don't we just have Koha increment from a current
position, rather than from the highest? If we delete a large group of
records, it would be very useful to be able to assign the old barcodes
automatically by starting from the beginning of the "hole." That's what we
did with our old system, anyway.

So is there a way to do this already, and am I just missing it? Or what
variable do I need to change to get Koha to increment from the right place?

Thanks,

Chris Morrison