[Koha] ldapserver question

Scott Owen sowen at edzone.net
Fri Mar 5 05:51:58 NZDT 2010

You may need to put in the full path to the user (cn=username,ou=orgUnit,o=organization)
I would download the Softerra LDAP browsr (version 2.6 = free) from http://www.ldapadministrator.com/download.htm
and try using it to connect with your credentials. It is a great troubleshooting tool for LDAP.
The user also needs to have browse and read access to the LDAP tree.

>>> Brenner, Martin<martin.brenner at whitfieldschool.org> 3/4/2010 11:18 AM >>>
Hello all,

I have ldapserver set up on our Koha server and it was working really well. Then an admin password I had been using for the bind got changed.

This actually made me realize that I was using a more powerful account than I needed, so I tried to change it to an ldap user that we had set-up already. Now, the problem is, ldap authentication is no longer working.

The error is

[error] [client 10.10.10.99] [Wed Mar 3 20:07:32 2010] opac-user.pl: LDAP Auth rejected : (cn=martin.brenner) gets 0 hits, referer: http://library.whitfieldschool.org/cgi-bin/koha/opac-user.pl

There is no problem with the authentication of the ldap user (the reason I know this is that I had the password wrong at first and it left another error saying so.) to bind with the server, its just not accessing the user accounts in the tree.

If we plug the admin account back in, everything works fine. The only thing different with this account is that the admin account is higher up the tree. The ldap user account is in the same level as all of the user accounts. From what I've heard from someone that knows LDAP much better than I do, the level shouldn't matter. I would just create an account one up the tree, but I've already got the account I thought I needed. Any ideas?

Koha 3.0.5 on Ubuntu 9.04 by the way.

Martin