[Koha] Koha 3, bulk imported records not showing up in search

Otis, Perry W Civ USAF AETC AUL/LTIA perry.otis at MAXWELL.AF.MIL
Fri Mar 5 05:41:41 NZDT 2010

Thanks for your reply.  I checked and zebrasrv was not running.  It
turned out that I need to install daemon before I could run the start
command.  I did and was able to start zebrasrv.  I am still getting no
results when I search the OPAC.  I ran rebuild_zebra.pl again and still
no results when I search.  Do I need to run bulkimport.pl again?

//SIGNED//
PERRY OTIS
Systems Librarian
Muir S. Fairchild Research Information Center
DSN 493-6498  Comm 334-953-8081

-----Original Message-----
From: Galen Charlton [mailto:gmc at esilibrary.com]
Sent: Wednesday, March 03, 2010 4:22 PM
To: Otis, Perry W Civ USAF AETC AUL/LTIA
Cc: koha at lists.katipo.co.nz
Subject: Re: [Koha] Koha 3, bulk imported records not showing up in
search

Hi,

On Mar 3, 2010, at 5:10 PM, Otis, Perry W Civ USAF AETC AUL/LTIA wrote:

> I just installed Koha 3 on a Ubuntu system.   It's up and running and
now I need to import some MARC records.  I have a lot, so I am trying to
use bulkimport.pl to do the job.  I ran it on a file with about 89000
records and it seemed to run ok.  Then I ran rebuild_zebra.pl with the
command 'perl -I /usr/share/koha/lib
/usr/share/koha/bin/migration_tools/rebuild_zebra.pl -v -b -w'.  It gave
me an error message about being unable to unlock some files, so I ran it
again using sudo.  This time it seemed to go without a problem, but when
I go to search the OPAC I only get 'no records found' messages.  I
checked the log viewer and it shows 89000 records added, but they don't
seem to be searchable.  Any help will be greatly appreciated.

A couple things to check:

[1] Is zebrasrv running?  ps -ef | grep zebrasrv will show whether it
is.
[2] I recommend that you change the ownership of Zebra's data files
(which will likely be found in /var/lib/koha/zebradb on your system) to
the koha user.  If you do that, you can run rebuild_zebra.pl without
using sudo.  Note that if you change the ownership, you don't need to
rebuild the indexes - just stop and restart zebrasrv.

Regards,

Galen

--
Galen Charlton