[Koha] Koha-Community Site & Press Releases

vtl at scls.lib.wi.us vtl at scls.lib.wi.us
Fri Mar 5 05:21:36 NZDT 2010

I agree with the general thread of this discussion. However, I prefer
"Vendor Press."  Make it really clear that it is coming from a vendor.

Vicki

On Wed, Mar 3, 2010 at 12:37 PM, Galen Charlton <gmc at esilibrary.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On Mar 3, 2010, at 12:48 PM, Liz Rea wrote:
> > Press releases are not part of the general timeline of the home page. All
> Press releases should be in a "press release" or "Vendor Press" category.
>
> I'd prefer that it be called "Press Release".  The Koha project as a whole
> is not likely to be issuing press releases absent an extraordinary
> circumstance where community consensus is talked about (and talked about)
> and obtained; in cases where somebody like HLT issues a press release
> concerning an aspect of the Koha project, I say that they should do such a
> release as both a press release and a top-level post.
>
> Regards,
>
> Galen
> --
> Galen Charlton
> VP, Data Services
> Equinox Software, Inc. / Your Library's Guide to Open Source
> email:  gmc at esilibrary.com
> direct: +1 352-215-7548
> skype:  gmcharlt
> web:    http://www.esilibrary.com/

Vicki Teal Lovely

Helping our 52 member libraries provide the best possible service to the
public.

ILS Project Manager
South Central Library System
Madison, WI