[Koha] Problem adding 2 or more items to a record

jay titleistfour at gmail.com
Thu Mar 4 14:34:44 NZDT 2010

On Wed, Mar 3, 2010 at 12:37 PM, Beda Szukics <beda at muri-gries.ch> wrote:

> Am 01.03.2010 20:03, schrieb jay:
> > Thanks.  I'm clicking the Title.  None of the barcodes or items came
> > over in the import.  So while testing we just manually added them.  I
> > suppose we might have a duplicate barcode in there?  I can check on
> > that.  We imported the MARC data from an old piece of software, that
> > might be part of the problem too.
>
> Did you have a look at /var/spool/log/koha/... Sometimes it's helpful. I
> really don't have an idea why the number of items should cause these
> problems.
>
> Beda

Found the problem.  We were importing MARC records incorrectly.  Koha was
expecting the individual items to be in field 952, but our data export had
them in 852.  Once I figured that out, and then got the subfields setup
correctly, it worked! :-)

Had to learn a lot about MARC records and write a small python script to
help me out.  Thanks for the help!

Jay