[Koha] Koha-Community Site & Press Releases

Liz Rea lrea at nekls.org
Thu Mar 4 05:57:52 NZDT 2010

I agree with Galen here: the more tag is helpful in keeping the home page short, but hard and fast rules almost never work out well.

Here are my (personal preference) general guidelines for using "more" based on my experiences with sites of all stripes:

1. If it requires a user to take action, describe the action, and reason for action, then put the steps required after the jump (more). Interested parties will click through.
2. If it takes up more than 2/3 of the available "above the fold" area (what is viewable on initial page load) it should probably be split up with "more"
3. Very long items (like newsletters) should use links and anchors, with only the table of contents viewable on the home page, a la the newsletter posts.

That's just my preference, and it's very loose. I say, use your best judgement. Best part about WordPress: it's always editable later.  :)

Liz Rea
NEKLS