[Koha] importing authorities

Nicole Engard nengard at gmail.com
Tue Mar 2 08:04:06 NZDT 2010

2010/3/1 Amy Schuler <schulera at caryinstitute.org>:
> I am pretty sure I imported my authorities using the web interface (staging
> MARC, etc.) and not the bulkauthorityimport tool from the command line.
> This is because I continue to have trouble using those command line bulk
> importing tools.  Is there any real reason why the web interface shouldn’t
> work for the authorities?  The authorities are in MARC format, after all.

Yes the records are in MARC Format, but they're stored in different
places and in different ways in the database.  If you load your
authorities using the Stage MARC tool, then you're going to find
authorities in your search results for library resources in the OPAC
and the Staff Client.  Each tool is built to do a different thing.

Nicole