[Koha] Changing itemtypes?

Marty ontariowolf64 at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 24 01:40:58 NZST 2010

We've got a new boss, well, kind off, and she got some things going.
Now I have been asked to delete some itemtypes, which is no problem when they are empty.
Is there a possibility to change itemtypes in the database without screwing up the whole system?
(I tried something like UPDATE items SET itype = 'CAS' WHERE itype ='AAC'; and UPDATE biblioitems SET itemtype = 'CAS' WHERE itemtype ='AAC'; to take an example, but that did not really change anything, or rather, it did, but it wasn't working that well.)
I figured that when I change the itype/itemtype in biblio/biblioitems it still does not change in biblio.marcxml, is there a way to do that?

Thanks,

Marty