[Koha] Migration to Koha and Koha field/UNIMARC mapping

Frédéric Rouyre rfr at iweps.be
Mon Jun 7 23:31:05 NZST 2010

After reading that link: http://cfu.enssib.fr/index.php?repondre_question=55

I came to the conclusion that freedom is quiet large in defining
additional fields as those "recommandations" are more targeted for
notice exchanges between libraries (what won't happen here, except for
book notice import from the BNF server) that agree with a given
recommandation.

I'll then setup my system as the following:

Create framework for serials
Add a 995$v for volume information
Add a 995$w for serial publication date

Link 995$v with items.enumchron (as suggested on koha-fr.org)
Link 995$w with items.dateaccesioned.

I think this setup could work, but as i'm not a librarian, i don't know
if there are pitfalls to that solution.

Regards,

Frederic