[Koha] Web Installer Authentication

Frederic Demians frederic at tamil.fr
Tue Jul 27 22:53:17 NZST 2010

> I created the database structure successfully, and the apache error
> log narrowed down to this line:
>
> [Tue Jul 27 03:33:03 2010] mainpage.pl: Install required, redirecting
> to Installer at /usr/share/koha/lib/C4/Auth.pm line 459.
>
> Regardless of the credentials I enter, I keep getting the
> authentication form without any sort of feedback.

You fail when trying to do a redirection to this page which is the web
installer:

  /cgi-bin/koha/installer/install.pl

Can you load directly this page?

  http://<your-server-address>/cgi-bin/koha/installer/install.pl

You should have a web page displaying this title: "Welcome to the Koha
Web Installer".

You may need to view your Apache log file rather than the Koha log.
Something is probably wrong in your apache conf file, generally
koha-httpd.conf.

--
Frédéric