[Koha] Advance notice that items will soon be due

Nelson Fredsell (nelsonf) nfredsell at gmail.com
Fri Jul 23 10:19:17 NZST 2010

Hi Dillon,

After many, many months of trying to get the Advanced Messaging to work, I
gave up.  I think somewhere it said that this feature was "experimental,"
and I eventually have come to feel that it's a shot in the dark as to
whether it will actually work for mere mortals.  We solicited professional
help, and were unable to rise to the challenge.  Hopefully in 3.2 the
feature will come to life.  Meanwhile, we've implemented the past due e-mail
notices, a feature that seems to be more stable, and have had some real
success.

Part of our challenge was to set up the feature for multiple libraries, so
if you have a single library, maybe a properly configured cron job will do
the trick for you, as Nicole suggested.

Take care,
Nelson

Dillon Moore wrote:

> Hi,
> I've been trying to find a way to send an advance notice to patrons that
> their loans will be due in 3 days. I did turn on the
> EnhancedMessagingPreferences, but I haven't been able to find the option
> for "Default messaging preferences for this patron category" which Karen
> mentions in the attached thread. Is this a feature that has been
> introduced for 3.2? We're currently running 3.00.01.005.
>
> Thanks,
> Dillon
>
> Dillon Moore
> Acting Manager of Library Services
> The Centre for International Governance Innovation
> Centre pour l'innovation dans la gouvernance internationale
> 57 Erb Street West, Waterloo, Ontario Canada N2L 6C2
> tel   +1.519.885.2444 ext. 479   |   fax   +1.519.885.5450
> www.cigionline.org
> ------
> This message (including any attachments) may contain confidential
> information, privileged material, or constitute non-public information.
> review, retransmission, conversion to hard copy, copying, circulation or
> other use of this message and any attachments is strictly prohibited and
> may be unlawful.  If you have received this transmission in error,
> your system.

> Re: [Koha] Settings for Predue notices
>
> From:
> Kohn, Karen (kohnk at arcadia.edu)
> Date:
> Jun 2, 2010 7:35:34 am
> List:
> nz.co.katipo.lists.koha
>
> You can set the default for a particular category of patron. Go to
> Administration, then Patron Categories. Pick a category and click Edit.
> At the bottom of the screen there is an option to "Default messaging
> preferences for this patron category."
>
> Karen Kohn Collection Development Manager Landman Library Arcadia
> University 450 S. Easton Road Glenside, PA 19038 ph: 215-572-8528 fax:
> 215-572-0240
>

> -----Original Message----- From: koha-bounces at lists.katipo.co.nz

-----
Nelson Fredsell

nelsonf on Koha IRC
nfredsell most everywhere else
implementing a small, non-profit union catalogue
in Cape Town, South Africa