[Koha] Query About Marc Records

Robin Sheat robin at catalyst.net.nz
Wed Jul 14 10:26:59 NZST 2010

Op dinsdag 13-07-2010 om 20:30 uur [tijdzone +1200], schreef Chris
Cormack:
> Ive cc'd him so he can explain its usage, the branch is here
> http://git.koha-community.org/gitweb/?p=wip/koha-catalyst.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/csvmigration

If you check out that branch, or poke through the import/csv directories
in the web interface, you'll find a csvtomarc.pl script. It can take a
CSV file, and transform it somewhat arbitrarily into MARC.

While with great power comes great resp..er..complexity, it's hopefully
got enough documentation to be useful. Run it with '--man' to see how it
works, and have a look at the example.sh that will be with it which
shows how I've used it to do conversions.

I intend to submit this to the main branch some time soon as a utility
to help people out.

--
Robin Sheat
Catalyst IT Ltd.